Sunday, June 10, 2018

What this blog is about.......

"Should I have a website/blog that is dedicated solely to me.....as an Author?" I asked?  

I already have a personal Facebook page, and my friend Mary Cooke (who writes as Mary Lou Cheatham) and I have a Facebook page titled 'Okohay Books,' and I have a blog 'From the Front Porch,' and when my honey had Multiple Myeloma, I had a blog for that, and when we went to Europe, I had a blog for that! And I belong to a group, on Facebook, called DAWPA.....it's for Amateur Writers, Photographers and Artists who have a connection to the Mississippi Delta. That seemed like enough to try to manage. If I created a website/blog, just for Sarah Walker Gorrell, Author....how would I ever have time to write - which is what this is all about!

But, they said....."Of course you need a website/blog which is dedicated to you, as an Author." 

And so, I decided (in my head)....."Okay, if I'm going to join these groups and ask for their advice, then I need to follow what they say."

And the fun began.

First, I searched for the perfect "Stock Free" photo. (Means you don't have to pay for it!)

And I found it.....absolutely the photo that I needed.

It just needed "cropping" a little bit......putting the name of my blog on it..and I was in business. 

This blog will, not only, tell you about what I'm doing - in the writing world - it may also offer advice, suggestions, etc. I also love sharing information and good news about others, so don't be surprised if everything you read isn't just about me!

I also love comments....so feel free to leave one!  Share what's going on in your (as we say down south) "Neck of the woods."

3 comments:

  1. Sarah, I asked you to write with me because you have great talent for turning a phrase, and you do have an imagination. Your words sound good. If writing doesn't sound good, it isn't well written. Most important of all you have a good heart, and you are easy to work with. I love your new book, TALES FROM THE PORCH. I let my Kindle read it to me. The Kindle is a little robotic, but either I've gotten used to it or it has improved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Lou.....Thank you for your kind words. You are the one with the imagination....you know I have to see it, have it happen, etc. to write it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, You were right to start a blog just for you. I am hoping to start one, just for me soon. Keep those stories coming!

    ReplyDelete