Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Who saves the "Operator's Manual"???

Years ago (no, I don't recall how many years!) when we bought our Panasonic Inverter 1250 Watt Microwave, we plugged it in and used it.

I had no idea what "Inverter" meant (and still didn't until said microwave just died). Nor did I read the manual. It was a Microwave .... I needed it to do what Microwaves do ..... heat or reheat.                                                                                                                                                                           


My microwave has been my morning cup of coffee "mainstay."  I need that one cup with cream and sweetener, but I'm not much of a coffee drinker. I heat and reheat that one cup until I may, or may not, finish it! When the microwave died, the coffee drinking was almost over. I make it to about one-half cup before it gets cold.  Well, one morning (haven't had time, yet, to get to town to replace my "coffee heater,") I did heat my coffee, in a saucepan, on my stovetop! That took me back to my Granny and her coffee pot, on the stove.

Anyway, the day the microwave died, it quit.....with a message that said, "refer to Panasonic Operator's Manual."  Where in the world would that be and why?  Well, I did search in a few places, but I was sure I had probably thrown that away, years ago. (Now, once I've replaced the dead microwave, I'm sure I'll find the manual!)

I went online and searched for Panasonic Microwave Manual.  I read down to the part where I was instructed to "unplug from electricity" (I was already beyond that), but when I got to the part about removing the front panel and removing the Inverter grid ..... I stopped. 

Granddaughter, Olivia, was over here the day the Panasonic died (she was about to heat up a snack), and said, "something else for Sawyer to fix." (Sawyer gets called on to fix lots of things at "Granny's house!") I'm sure they'll both be happy to know that I didn't have the "Operator's Manual!"  (And Amazon delivers .....to the country!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment