Saturday, April 20, 2019

Be Careful What You Offer......

My youngest great-grandson turned one year of age, this past week, on April 17th a couple of days after "Tax Day." His mommy, my youngest granddaughter, (we've got a trend going, here) has been planning his big First Birthday Party for months. 

She took after her own mommy, my oldest daughter, who is very creative and talented in the creativity department. Now, that daughter DID NOT take after her mommy (me). I've decided she inherited her creative talents from her dad.

Anyway, having said that, there's going to be a party centered around the farm and farm implements and farm animals. Why? They don't live, on a farm, so I don't know. This First Birthday isn't going to be just a birthday, it's going to be an event.....with food. 

And, I said, "what can I do, to help?" You know, that's what grandmothers or, in my case this time, great-grandmothers do.

She (the granddaughter) gave me the menu, which included stuffed eggs, or as some people call them, deviled eggs. ((That was something easy (I thought) that I could do.))  So, I said, "I'll make those!"

And then came the zinger (at least, for me, now known as "one who isn't very creative...except as a writer). 

She said, "Granny, they've got to look like this."

And right then was one of those times when I wondered why I thought I needed to do anything other than "go and eat and sing Happy Birthday!"

So, I said...."HOW am I going to do that? What will I use for eyes? What will I use for their beak? Do they really need feet?"

The answer was, "go to Pinterest."

Now, I'm not really a Pinterest person, but I tell you....this time.....that website looked pretty good. Well, the creative, talented woman who made these.....made it look so easy. 

(The problem is, I think my right hand becomes another left hand when I get myself into these kind of situations!)

So far, this is where I am on this project (and I've got about 3 hours to finish!) 


Got 'em boiling.




Got 'em cooling.


To tell you the truth, I am half-scared to death to start the rest of this "project." Well, not the peeling, but the "other" part.

It didn't help one bit when Mike looked over at the picture of the "deviled egg chicks" and said, "I've gotta' see this. I didn't know you were THAT creative!"

Stay tuned for "the other part." (It's probably gonna' take the entire three hours!)

Like I said, "be careful what you offer to do!"


No comments:

Post a Comment