Sunday, August 7, 2022

Facebook account suspended and now "BNamericas" is billing me?

On the morning of Monday, July 25, 2022, I awoke to learn that my Facebook account had been suspended  - for 30 days!  

My daughters both asked, "Mom, what have you done, now?" The grandkids laughed at their 81 year old Granny who was now in Facebook Jail. 

Of course, I asked for a Review. I had researched and learned that it normally takes about 24 hours, but after two weeks nothing was happening.

And then, on July 28th, I began to receive email messages to the email address that I use (which isn't checked) for Facebook from the "Facebook Ads Team."

The subject line stated:

"Your payment for Meta ads was declined."

And the email read, further:  The payment for ad account Sarah Walker Gorrell (ID: xxxxxxxx) was declined and your ads have been paused. To start running ads again, please pay the amount due.

I had previously (not sure when) received Messenger messages from "Ron@bnamericas" ..... suggesting that I call him so that we could "work out a payment plan."  Bnamericas meant nothing to me. I figured that it was either someone with the wrong info or a telemarketer.  

I have learned, today, that BNamericas is the Latin American arm of Meta which is the parent company of Facebook and also owns Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, and so many other Social Media companies.

It is my belief that someone, somewhere (in Latin America?) was Advertising and using my Facebook account, and thankfully, the email address tied to that account had no access to an account that paid the bills!

I have emailed the Facebook advertising group as well as a "partners" group, but support@fb.com is returned as "access denied." 

As a friend of mine often says, "this just doesn't meet the smell test!"
 






No comments:

Post a Comment